Basic Negotiation Skills
Learn the basic principles of high-stakes negotiations during this engaging 90-minute event. Participants will come away with a solid understanding of the techniques FBI hostage/crisis negotiators use to guide subjects from hostile mindsets to a place of stability and willingness. Attendees can apply their newly won skills immediately.
Intermediate Negotiation Workshop
An immersive and highly engaging three-hour experience. You’ll learn essential techniques for high-stakes negotiations and then flow into a live-action hostage simulation. The session will wrap up with practical strategies for applying your new skills in your personal and professional life. Each attendee will receive a video recording of their role-playing scenario, as well as a personal analysis—a tangible means of knowing your strengths and areas for growth.
This third level encompasses all of the previous skills plus individual/group leadership coaching based on the needs identified in pre- and post-event analyses. The format enables rapid, targeted growth for all participants. Principles covered include:
- Building trust and rapport
- Leading through inspiration
- Motivating employees in lasting ways
- Making sound decisions based on incomplete information
- Using active listening skills for more effective leadership
- Managing emotions to produce best outcomes
- Best practices for conflict de-escalation
- The importance of empathy
- Fostering collaboration